* Great content management system. * Plugins. Plugins are going to be your best friend here. * SEO. The plugins on WordPress are designed for simplicity and SEO purposes. S * Low Cost. WordPress is completely free to install on your server. * Updates. Updates are always being rolled out for the WordPress CMS. * Performance. WordPress is designed with minimal code with PHP. This allows your website to load quickly. * Mobile-friendly. Most themes with WordPress are integrated so that they show up on mobile devices. It makes no difference if you view your site on phone, tablet, etc.
Read Review Visit Site
* Most scalable ecommerce platform * More built-in features than any competitor * Lets you sell across multiple channels like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest * Fantastic SEO tools
Read Review Visit Site
* Best quality templates in terms of design and flexibility * Best quality features of any builder on the market * Full customization control without need for coding
Read Review Visit Site
* You can create a website and get it live in a matter of minutes * It’s super easy to use * Its pricing plans are very cheap in comparison to some competitors
Read Review Visit Site
* Best website builder for small businesses, with all the basic tools you need to build a great business site, or even an online store. * Cool customizable templates – all Weebly’s themes are simple, stylish, and mobile responsive, and you can even switch between them. * Really helpful SEO guides in Weebly’s help and support center, for advice on coding, keyword optimization, and tips on boosting your site’s ranking
Read Review Visit Site
FIVE BEST SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE BUILDERS – 2020
When you are running a small (or a medium) business, your entire time might be spent on the things connected with its development and control – and there is not so much time left to start and keep on with your online presence. However, it is an essential thing – if you want your business to grow and your competitors do not eat you up with all your guts simply because they are more proficient in web presence.
You might think that having a professional-looking site requires a lot of time and money, the hassle about finding someone, dealing with negotiations to explain your thoughts and ideas about how it shall look like, and the rest of bureaucracy – and sometimes, you are right. Some huge site with loads of functionality may be a pit to throw in your time and marketing budget. But in most cases, a nice and really professional site is a matter of hours or days of a pure time – together with site builders. With the five that we are considering in this article, you are in good hands, don’t need to have knowledge of HTML, hosting, working with pictures and other objects on your site, and tonnes of other connected stuff that were inherent to building a site tens of years ago – with the occurrence of site builders, everyone can make a professionally-looking and professionally-working site not just to start their presence online but also to conduct it easily, and gain more customers coming to them from the Internet channel of sales.
INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF BUSINESS WEBSITE BUILDERS
All builders on our list require just your time and a few efforts to start working in them – without the need to know anything that is not of your area of interest and knowledge. Just work with your mouse in an easy drag-and-drop making process to have a more than a decent result in hours. Pack the website with useful widgets, apps, integration to the systems of accounting, CRM, and sales – for as little as a couple of dozen bucks a month.
Any website builder on our today’s list (that we have thoroughly studied to get deep into all nuances of their work to unearth only the most important information for your eyes) requires only registering, picking a template to work, and your personal efforts to fill it with the apps and features that are of importance to you – just before publishing it to let everyone see.
SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE BUILDERS: WHAT BUSINESSES SHOULD LOOK FOR
All business website builders are different and you shall pick the set of functionalities that is right to you. For instance, if you need a really powerful e-store with hundreds or thousands of pages – you should resort to BigCommerce or Shopify. If you need the simplicity of work during the creation of a website – consider Weebly or Wix. If you’re in the need of the power of customization and Artificial Intelligence to help you out (and create a small business website within seconds of time based on your data that you enter at the initial stage) – Wix is the right solution. Squarespace is the proper solution if in the core of your needs is the beauty of pages. Below, we are considering the pros and cons of each business website builder to ease your choice.
When considering, which one to choose, take a look at those:
* uptime (how much during the year/month it is up and working)
* speed of loading of pages (the normal result is below 5 seconds for 1 page to render fully)
* pricing affordability – what you are ready to pay for having the features you’re interested in
* templates – how many they are in the given selection (the better some will suit your vision, the lesser time you will spend working on its adjustment), how visually beautiful and how understood they are
* ease of use: if you will spend all your nerves on working in the interface without obtaining a decent result, you shall seek another option
* SEO: if you will heavily rely on the promotion of the website in the future in search engines, you must have a high quality of SEO to make Google ‘like’ you.
CONSIDERING THE BEST WEBSITE BUILDERS FOR SMALL BUSINESS
For a small business, which main goal is not powerful e-commerce functionality but representing self online and sell tens of pieces of merchandise, we have collected 5 best business website builders:
DESCRIPTION OF A WEBSITE BUILDER WIX
Wix small business website builder is powerful for a number of industries, from the blog and online catalog to a simple e-store and landing pages. It allows its users to resort to over a half a thousand templates, it is mobile-friendly, easy for making changes, offers SSL and HTTPS, the number of security apps and features, ADI function (Artificial Design Intelligence), and many ways of integration with things from its vast app store. It is the best choice on the market if you are not seeking for a large store, a powerful website like Facebook or booking.com (though, no professional website builder is able to do the mentioned) and if you will not be overwhelmed by the tremendous power of adjustments of your website, which is thrown at you like an avalanche right from the beginning of interacting with this software.
Advantages of this best business website builder:
* Excellent drag-and-drop.
* Its users do not have to know how to code.
* Over 500 templates to choose from (although, some of them are not mobile-friendly and some of them look similar to others, so the real choice is not that vast).
* If your business will grow, Wix gives ease to scale the website up.
* Quite good uptime.
* The speed of pages load is high.
Disadvantages of this best website builder for small business:
* You have to choose a template to work with (that will be the only for your entire website) and you can’t change it in the future not losing all the adjustments and personifications that you have done up to date.
* It has so many things to do in its interface that users-novices may be overwhelmed by its power.
* You can’t move your website away from Wix, to another hosting service.
* If you want to have an e-mail account within your domain name, this will cost you extra.
DESCRIPTION OF A WEBSITE BUILDER WEEBLY
It is another easy and comprehensible business website builder on our list, which will not take you more than several hours from start to finish making a glorious website. It is easy to work in & to scale up when your business will experience growth.
Advantages of this best website builder for business:
* This business website builder has one of the biggest amounts of apps in its store to integrate with. Some are paid, some are free. It is only up to you, what your website will and will not be capable of doing together with those. Surely, each available app is easy to integrate with, not knowing how to code (following comprehensible tips on how to do it).
* SEO is powerful and give you every capability of moving your website into the search engine organically.
* There are a lot of templates and each of them is mobile friendly.
* It gives you free money to advertise within Google – but to obtain them, you have to upgrade to any of paid plans.
* Unlike market leader Shopify, Weebly offers you to do transactions without a fee.
Disadvantages of this best website for small business:
* There is no manual or automated restoration option. So if someone will do anything bad with your website or you will delete it – you’ll need to hope that the Weebly’s support team will be able to restore it for you (this may not happen, so there are risks).
* The entire vastness of apps to integrate with won’t be opened to you in every subscription plan – to access the most, you’ll have to upgrade (so decide whether you really want it and if the investments are worthy).
* You have to buy a domain additionally.
* If you’re looking for a ‘clean code’ in the technical filling of your pages, Weebly is not the solution, which automatically makes it. It has some chunk of garbage, which you will necessarily have to wipe out if you want a boosting SEO optimization (which is important not to you but to Google).
* You can’t move your website afterward to some another hosting, as there is no possibility to download the entire content.
DESCRIPTION OF A WEBSITE BUILDER SQUARESPACE
Squarespace business website builder is known for its power in SEO, blogging, and super diligent design of pages. Shopping power here is medium – not boosting with tremendousness but not making it for you impossible to sell a lot.
Advantages of this platform:
* If your primary audience thinks that the design is everything, Squarespace is going to offer it to them. It is hard to find another business website builder, which could boast of the same great design.
* As it is oriented at visual superiority, it would be odd if it wasn't oriented at cool and smooth integration with social media. Any popular social media is integrated seamlessly to boost up your sales and the touch with your audience.
* Even the basic plan gives you 20 pages, which is more than enough to represent your business and leaves some room for sales. To add more goodness to your feelings, Squarespace business website builder offers you e-commerce, SSL and other sales-important issues in the same basic package of subscription (and it won’t limit you in the number of sales or raised donations).
Disadvantages of this builder:
* Its visual working interface is not as easy as of its peers. It may require from you some technical knowledge to make things done. So if you’re not too proficient in this or just can’t understand the FAQ guides and helps, it is better for you to resort to another business website builder with superb simplicity of the working process. It means that you will have to spend additional time to understand the work finely.
* The custom domain for the second and consequent years must be bought additionally (it goes for free for the 1st one).
* Not too good for the load times – as your pages will load approximately from 8 to 9 seconds, while the market’s norm is considered 5 seconds to fall into the ‘green zone’ of Google’s speed.
DESCRIPTION OF A WEBSITE BUILDER 1&1
1&1 is the previous name for ‘1&1 IONOS’. It is more oriented at serious types of small businesses like lawyers, consultants, and accounting companies. That’s why it has stricter interface than Wix or Weebly and it is not that ‘airy’ in work. But you can get online pretty fast and you can easily scale up in the future when you need it. Its templates are serious and efficiently-looking.
Advantages of this builder:
* Hundreds of serious designs, which are fit for the same serious businesspeople.
* Strong e-commerce to make effective sales with many integrated business widgets and tools to track the purchase and delivery processes.
* You can alter HTML if you want to but, definitely, you won’t be pushed to do it in the regular working process.
* Availability of multiple languages of your working interface (and even more of them are open, to make a small business website use them).
* Competitive pricing.
* It offers great, powerful, and reliable hosting, protecting you from various sorts of security breaches, like, for instance, from DDoS attacks – no wonder, as they work over 26 years now on the market, being primarily oriented at hosting services.
* It only has two (and three for hosting) options of pricing (which is very simple to choose to beginners) – but the cheapest one for 1 dollar a month features only 1-month length and will become 8 times bigger after the promo month is over.
Disadvantages of this builder:
* It is not oriented at visual perfection (including a website logo) unlike Squarespace and it may not be one of the most visually appealing business website builders due to its interface but it allows you to work without hustle.
* Not too high beauty of the offered templates and either you will have to adapt them to your needs or will just have to resort to another builder.
* The 1-dollar initial plan is too weak in bandwidth and the dedicated RAM power to your website – allowing it to handle only 100 user actions per minute, which is equal roughly to 5-10 users per minute or at a time.
DESCRIPTION OF A WEBSITE BUILDER GODADDY
This business website builder is not designed to make super powerful websites as Wix and Weebly may offer (and it’s definitely not in any comparison to Shopify when it comes to the power of e-commerce). But what does it offer then? To get online fast, simple, based on many predesigned templates, just to launch your presence on the Internet within hours.
Advantages of this builder:
* It is fast to build the functionality of an online website and let it be launched.
* E-commerce allows you to sell maximally up to 5,000 products but the system of their management is not the easiest one and takes efforts to keep on going.
* Nice speed of loading pages.
* The uptime of the servers is simply amazing: they don’t work only approximately 26 minutes per 6 months, which makes it a 99.99% uptime rate – higher than the average on the market.
* Really cheap to start selling your goods or services (only through PayPal, however) compared to the vastness of business website builders on the entire market – only $9.99 a month. Get a really powerful store for $19.99 a month – that’s definitely better than even the lowest-cost plan of Shopify, which only starts at 29 dollars a month (continuing with 79 and ending with fantastic 299 bucks for a premium, which only suitable for huge sales-oriented businesses).
Disadvantages of this builder:
* Customization is limited, below the average on the market – you definitely can’t compare them to Weebly/Wix. Creativity expression in this tool is also cut, despite quite a nice number of available templates.
* Support quality is not what you dream of.
* You have to renew the usage of your domain name for the second and next years for $17.99, as the free promo price is active for you only during the first year.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BUILDERS
WHICH IS THE EASIEST SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE BUILDER?
Amongst the presented business website builders in this article, Wix is easy but too powerful not to be too frustrating for a novice. So the option two is Weebly – for power yet simplicity. Also, for simplicity take a look at 1&1 IONOS (but it is more oriented at the seriousness of approach and of business to represent in a ready-made website). For a quick start online, opt for Godaddy.
WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE BUILDER?
If you’re considering just the price, then the cheapest business website builder is ‘1&1 IONOS’, which offers you to start for 1 buck (during the first month, after which the price will rise to 8). Then goes Wix with its 5-dollar starting package. After it, you can find Weebly with 5 Euros a month, and the top-4 on this list is Godaddy at $5.99 for 1 month.
Certainly, if you consider the free-of-payment types of subscriptions (which will last more than 14 or 30 days during the trial) – look at Weebly with its free subscription. It is the only on the list, which offers such.
But sure, if you’re not just a price-oriented fellow, who does not care about the functionality in each of subscription packages, you should look at what they offer really – as some of those packages are not even nearly similar to what you need to give the spring to your business. In Weebly’s zero-dollar plan, you just get a website, SSL, basic SEO, and 500 Mb storage. And branding of a business website builder all around your pages. Not too good to expect growth. Wix’s 5-buck plan is nearly the same, only you can add your own branded domain (but buy it first). Bandwidth also will cut off a large portion of users from your online place. Ionos gives nice functionality – large storage and bandwidth, cool database connection and the number of e-mails on your domain. Godaddy gives pretty much the same as Weebly + mobile friendliness.
WHICH SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE BUILDER HAS THE BEST TEMPLATES?
If the visual part of your online presence is the most essential – then opt for Squarespace, definitely. It is known by many market experts and simple users as the one, which gives the biggest beauty of every page and every pixel.
WHICH SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE BUILDER IS BEST ON MOBILE?
They are all mobile-friendly (except individual templates in Wix, which may not be working for mobiles). All subscription plans give mobile friendliness in the basic subscription. But you should know that there are options on the market, which offer it only in advanced plans. Luckily, whichever you choose on our today’s list, you will be in reliable hands speaking about mobile friendliness.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO BUILD MY OWN SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE USING SOME OF THE BEST SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE BUILDERS?
You can do it literally between the breakfast and lunch (with further adjustments done whenever you need to). To make a good website with lots of features, plugins, and connections, SEO-friendly and optimal for cross-browser functionality, and add to it a hundred items of merchandise, it’ll take you a full weekend. No more than a couple of days in either case.
Website Builders For Photographers IM Creator Weebly SmugMug Squarespace Wix